Video management software
running on a Windows or Unix/Linux server, supplies the basis for video monitoring, analysis, and recording. A wide range of software is available, based on the users’ requirements. A standard Web browser provides adequate viewing for many network video applications, utilizing the Web interface built into the network camera or video server especially if only one or a few cameras are viewed at the same time.
To view several cameras at the same time, dedicated video management software is required. A wide range of video management software is available. In its simplest form, it offers live viewing, storing and retrieving of video sequences. Advanced software contains features such as:
- Simultaneous viewing and recording of live video from multiple cameras
- Several recording modes: continuous, scheduled, on alarm and on motion detection
- Capacity to handle high frame rates and large amounts of data
- Multiple search functions for recorded events
- Remote access via a Web browser, client software and even PDA client
- Control of PTZ and dome cameras
- Alarm management functions (sound alarm, pop-up windows or e-mail)
- Full duplex, real-time audio support
- Video intelligence
Intelligent Video Management
Intelligent video management products are innovative, open IP video management platforms that provide customers with a seamless migration path from analog CCTV, to intelligent IP video management solutions.